Statements of the CBD Alliance during OEWG3. The views provided in the statements refer to the first draft of the post 2020 GBF as of August, 2021
- General views on draft 1 of the Global Biodiversity Framework
(The document includes a short version to fit the time allocated in the plenary and a longer version with a more detailed rationale)
Agenda item 5
- Digital Sequence Information
Agenda item 4
- Target 3: By 2030, ensure active management actions to enable wild species of fauna and flora recovery and conservation, and reduce human-wildlife conflict by [X%].
- Target 8: Minimize the impact of climate change on biodiversity, contribute to mitigation and adaptation through ecosystem-based approaches, contributing at least 10 GtCO2e per year to global mitigation efforts, and ensure that all mitigation and adaptation efforts avoid negative impacts on biodiversity
- Target 14: By 2030, achieve reduction of at least [50%] in negative impacts on biodiversity by ensuring production practices and supply chains are sustainable.
- Target 15: By 2030, eliminate unsustainable consumption patterns, ensuring people everywhere understand and appreciate the value of biodiversity, and thus make responsible choices commensurate with 2050 biodiversity vision, taking into account individual and national cultural and socioeconomic conditions.
- Text recommendation for Target 16: Ensure that people are encouraged and enabled to make responsible choices and have access to relevant information and alternatives, taking into account cultural preferences, to reduce by at least half the waste and, where relevant the overconsumption, of food and other materials.
- Statement on the General Structure of the GBF